Thank you to our wonderful friend, Tory of Nourishing the Glow for this delicious, vibrant Salsa Verde recipe! Check out Tory's blog for wholesome, clean and delectable recipes!
Salsa Verde with Avocado
- 8 fire roasted Hatch green chiles, skin, stems, and seeds removed
- 1 lb tomatillos
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 water
- 1 tsp fine salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (more to taste)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Fill a medium size pot with water and bring to a simmer. Add the tomatillos and cook until opaque green—about 6 minutes.
- Using the water from the tomatillos, pour 3/4 cup water into a blender. Add the chiles, tomatillos, cilantro, onion,garlic, lime, cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse on high until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the onion and garlic and no longer raw.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding the avocado. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator or serve immediately with your favorite chips.