From the good folks at Simply Nourished comes this recipe for a perfectly grilled bison burger topped with a sweet ring of pineapple and spicy Sriracha aioli. Serve, of course, with Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips, Jackson's Honest Sweet Potato Chips and a pickle spear.
"If you’re gonna have a burger," says Jessica Beacom of Simply Nourished, "go all out with this grilled bison burger and the best chips ever." (Photos by Simply Nourished)
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min | Total: 25 min | Makes 4 servings
For the Aioli:
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons sriracha sauce
For the Burger:
- 1 lb. ground bison (or grass-fed beef)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pineapple rings (fresh or canned)
- 4 red onion rings
- 4 dill pickle spears
Lettuce leaves or gluten-free buns for serving
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place ground bison in bowl with garlic, salt and pepper. Mix gently with your hands or a spoon to combine. Divide meat mixture into 4 pieces and shape into patties about ¼-inch thick
- When grill is hot, place burgers and over direct heat. Cook 4-5 minutes or until burger is browned and is grilled marked. Flip and continue cooking an additional 5-6 minutes (for medium well) or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place pineapple rings on grill over direct heat and cook similarly to burgers. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the rings.
- Remove burgers and pineapple rings to a clean plate and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- While burgers are resting, combine mayonnaise and sriracha sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
- To serve burgers, top 4 gluten-free hamburger buns or lettuce wraps with each of the 4 burgers and pineapple rings. Top with red onion rings, lettuce (if using buns) and sriracha aioli.
- Serve with pickle spears and chips.