Grazed and Enthused is a whole foods website by Alaena Haber, who offers creative and flavorful dishes for food lovers and health seekers. "Avocado and Jackson's Honest Chips are two of my favorite foods," says Alaena, who has included both in this recipe.
Of Jackson's Honest Sweet Potato Chips, Alaena said: "They are my 'special treat,' my 'travel lifesaver' and my 'sanity keeper.' " The following recipe calls for 4 ounces of Sweet Potato Chips and coconut oil.
Makes 6 wedges | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 4 minutes
4 ounces Jackson’s Honest Sweet Potato Chips
2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
1 egg, whisked
1 large ripe and firm Haas avocado
½ teaspoon sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Blend the sweet potato chips in a food processor for 20 to 30 seconds until you achieve a finely crushed and moist crumble. Add arrowroot to the bowl and process until just combined. Transfer the breading to a small shallow plate.
- Pour the whisked egg onto a separate shallow plate.
- Slice the avocado in half and carefully remove the pit. Slice each half into three equal size wedges and gently remove the skin. Season avocado with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roll the avocado wedges in the egg wash until thoroughly coated and then roll in the breading mixture, using your fingers to firmly press it into all sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry avocado wedges on each side for 60 seconds until they turn a crisp, light golden brown. Carefully transfer to a serving dish lined with paper towels using tongs. Serve immediately with the garlic aioli.
Serving a crowd? This recipe can easily be tripled or quadrupled. Ensure you do not overcrowd the pan during the frying process by frying in batches. In between batches, scoop out any of the breading that has fallen off into the oil and add more oil to the skillet. The recipe for Garlic Aioli makes enough for five to seven batches of this recipe.
½ cup full-fat coconut milk
3 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled
½ large Haas avocado, peeled and pitted
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
In a food processor, combine the coconut milk, garlic and avocado until pureed. Slow drizzle in the olive oil with the processor running until well combined. Now add the egg yolk, lemon juice and sea salt and blend until smooth and emulsified. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
For more goodness, visit the Jackson's Honest Recipe Page.